Thursday, May 7, 2009

This thing is harder than I thought...






Me-thinks its the jet-lag, extra travel day in Toronto... and the constant mind-exercise of listening in another language... and general tired-ness from planning such an extravagant move - but I'm pooped!  In addition, I consciously decided to drink the local water (which eventually caused the expected effect).   I tell you these things to say this: maintaining a blog is rather difficult!

Due to some requests from people back home, I made a conscious effort yesterday to take pictures while I was exploring the city.  However, it is actually hard for me to take pictures in public here.  I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable whipping out my camera and popping off some pics.  Maybe its because I want to be a local, and locals don't take tourist pictures.  Maybe its because I still can't hear everything that is being said around me (yes, they do talk that fast) and I don't want to have my camera snatched (even though I have seen no indication that would actually happen, I'm being cautious).  

I finally did remember to take a couple of pictures outside of my balcony yesterday (above), so I hope a few people are excited.  I took some other pictures downtown yesterday, but it takes longer than expected to upload pictures on here, and there's some finesse involved in navigating this site on my side of the equation, so I'm going to figure it all out and give ya'll a good update here pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment