Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Morning

Not too much to say for today, yet anyway.  I woke up at about 8:30 AM local time, but it felt like The Night Before Christmas - "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse..."  I don't just mean people in the apartment, I mean the entire neighborhood.  I tried, rather unsuccessfully, to go back to sleep, and gave up trying about 10:00 AM.  Anyway, at 10:00 in the morning, I go to the big window overlooking the neighborhood - and I don't hear a thing.  I open the window - and I don't hear a thing.  It is currently 10:35 local time and I just heard my first car or motorcycle drive by.  

I looked at the statistics - there are around 200,000 people that live within walking distance of where I'm sitting... and 199,000 of them are still asleep at 10:30 AM on Saturday!  

And I thought an American college town was dead on Saturday mornings... they've got NOTHING on a latin city!  At least now I know how they can all wake up on weekdays at 6:30 after going to bed after midnight, every night - they sleep all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment